raxmlGUI1,2 is a graphical user interface to RAxML3, 4, one of the most popular and widely used software for phylogenetic inference using maximum likelihood. This is the first public beta of raxmlGUI v2.0, featuring:
- Intuitive graphical front-end to set up and run phylogenetic analyses
- Seamless integration with RAxML and RAxML-NG available on all major operating systems
- Automated pipelines for analyses that require multiple successive calls of RAxML
- Built-in functions to concatenate alignment files with automatic partition settings
- Possibility to select the best-fit model of evolution for DNA or protein alignments using ModelTest-NG5
While the program presented here is a beta version, the most important functions and analyses are already implemented and functional and we encourage users to send us any feedback they may have. raxmlGUI facilitates phylogenetic analyses by coupling an intuitive interface with the unmatched performance of RAxML. Read more in the bioRxiv paper.
1 Edler, D., J. Klein, A. Antonelli, and D. Silvestro. 2019. raxmlGUI 2.0 beta: a graphical interface and toolkit for phylogenetic analyses using RAxML. bioRxiv, doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/800912
2 Silvestro, D. and I. Michalak. 2012. raxmlGUI: a graphical front-end for RAxML. Organisms Diversity and Evolution 12:335–337.
3 Stamatakis, A. 2014. Raxml version 8: a tool for phylogenetic analysis andpost-analysis of large phylogenies. Bioinformatics 30:1312–1313.
4 Kozlov, A. M., D. Darriba, T. Flouri, B. Morel, and A. Stamatakis. 2019. RAxML-NG: a fast, scalable and user-friendly tool for maximum likelihood phylogenetic inference. Bioinformatics 35:4453–4455.
5 Darriba, D., D. Posada, A. M. Kozlov, A. Stamatakis, B. Morel, T. Flouri. 2020. ModelTest-NG: A New and Scalable Tool for the Selection of DNA and Protein Evolutionary Models. Molecular Biology and Evolution 37:291–294.